Work With Us
You are here
The Street Theatre is seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Manager to join the team. The Technical Manager is responsible for providing technical and production support in the planning and delivery of the Company’s activities, including providing support for The Street’s stage productions.
The Technical Manager is responsible for the technical operations at The Street Theatre.
The role has two areas of responsibility: PRODUCTION & TECHNICAL
To coordinate, supervise, and deliver technical operations of all productions, shows, and events at The Street Theatre to national standards;
and VENUE & EQUIPMENT
To manage the maintenance of The Street Theatre’s technical and theatrical equipment and spaces.
This role forms a key part of the permanent Street team, working closely with creative teams and suppliers to ensure that all production requirements are achieved to the highest standard.
- Relevant training and/or tertiary/professional qualification, demonstrated theatre technical experience, or an equivalent combination of both
- Medium-High level of competency and experience in relevant production operations: lighting, audio visual, sound, stage operations, assessments, production schedules, and WHS compliance
- Strong knowledge and experience in theatre production techniques
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-project environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work co-operatively as part of a small busy team
- Strong planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to theatre and entertainment industries.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other software packages including digital technologies and audio visual applications, specifically CAD, QLAB, and ETC lighting consoles.
- Current driver’s licence
- A knowledge of and interest in contemporary theatre, music, and live performance
- Experience in lighting design or interest in developing lighting design skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) for the attention of:
Caroline Stacey,Artistic Director/CEO
Applications close at 6pm on Monday 20 January 2020.
For further information and position description contact Caroline Stacey firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Technical Staff
The Street Theatre employs multi-skilled casual technicians to assist in the maintenance of equipment and technical support of productions within a diverse program mix across three spaces in 2020/2021
Please send any expressions of interest with an attached CV to email@example.com to register your interest in any future positions.
We offer marketing, production, programming, administration, front of house, box office and development roles. If you’re interested in joining our team, please send any expressions of interest with an attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Take Part for information about opportunities for artists including casting opportunities.
Check out Join In for information about volunteering.
The Street aims to enrich, support and sustain Canberra audiences by providing theatre of the highest quality made here in Canberra. The Street regularly programs original ACT theatre work as well as commissioning and developing original Australian performance works, and presenting a diverse music and comedy program.