You are here
29 June 2020
The Street - Venue Safety
A range of public health, hygiene and physical distancing measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and stakeholders:
- Regularly cleaning and sanitising our venues and publicly accessible areas with approved disinfectant products throughout the day.
- Maintaining physical distancing requirements (1 person per 4 square metres, and 1.5 metres apart) and introducing new signage, to help visitors safely move through our spaces.
- Installing hand sanitiser stations around our spaces and maintaining handwash in bathrooms.
- Requesting all visitors attending any events in our spaces supply first name and phone number to allow for government contact tracing if required. All information will be kept in a secure place in accordance with privacy rules for 28 days, then destroyed.
- All work presented will be less than two hours duration.
- Patrons are encouraged to leave The Street once the performance has finished and not mingle so the bar will be closed post-show.
What should I do before I visit or if I feel unwell?
We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our venue or the event. If you, or someone you have been in contact with, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
If you have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend any The Street Theatre site:
- Chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
For more information go to https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please contact your doctor or the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 020 080.
What am I required to do when I visit?
All visitors must practise strict physical distancing.
- Don’t shake hands, hug or kiss as a greeting.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people at all times, including in corridors, bathrooms, lifts and all interior spaces.
- When waiting in line or walking through our buildings, be patient and give others space so they can give you yours – be responsible for keeping your distance.
- Make use of hand sanitisers and wash your hands frequently while on site.
Will I be required to wear a mask if I come to The Street Theatre
No, we do not require our visitors to wear masks when in The Street Theatre, but we do request that you maintain appropriate physical distancing and follow the health and safety recommendations of government health authorities.
6 April 2020
Dear Street family
There has never been a month like this one.
Every day a moveable feast
and now our 2020
doesn’t look like anything like the one we’d mapped out.
We closed our doors as the COVID-19 situation accelerated and spent the last three weeks working with our artists and companies to address the coming months. Front of House have put in a mighty effort getting in touch with those of you holding tickets and we thank you for your help in this endeavour. Like each of you, we are working as fast as we can to fully grasp the situation now and into the future. We’re very grateful for your messages of support. And likewise our thoughts are with each of you, your families and loved ones.
Navigating unchartered territory we are exploring the many ways to stay connected to you. We’re still being creative, we believe artists can play a vital role in how this story unfolds, and we’re planning for when our stages will have performers on them again.
So we’ll come to you soon. We ask that you stick with our performing arts sector and show your support to those artists, companies and organisations that are an essential part of your community
Please stay in touch and keep an eye on all our social channels.
Be kind, stay well, and take care of yourselves.
Your Street xx